Greener mountains, sky covered with different (and beautiful) hues of clouds, unexpected rains, high rivers, and pleasant breeze that will make you fall in love with life (and everything else) again!
Yes, we are talking about Monsoon and while we are describing it, we just want to get up, pack our bags and go on a Monsoon trip, don’t you?
If you do then out of so many beautiful places that North India is blessed with, we have a list of 4 places that are perfect for a Monsoon trip!
1. Udaipur, Rajasthan
Ever since Priyanka Chopra got married in Udaipur, people have started rushing to Udaipur for weddings.
BUT, Udaipur isn’t only just another place which is perfect for weddings but also features beautiful landscapes which become more beautiful and charming in monsoon. From its pristine lakes to grandeur palaces, and the royal architecture, Udaipur presents a breathtaking view.
Places to Visit in Udaipur
You can visit City Palace, monsoon palace, Lake Palace, Fateh Sagar lake, and Lake Pichola in Udaipur
2. Pushkar Rajasthan
Pushkar is one of the best places that you can visit in Monsoon. The ghats covered by green mountains along with the beautiful weather will make you fall in love with nature.
All this topped with the screams of peacocks makes Pushkar a dreamy place that every Indian should visit once in his/her lifetime. You can book golden triangle tour with Puskar to see all monuments of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Pushkar.
Activities to do in Pushkar
Sightseeing and taking pictures of course (that goes without saying), camel riding, and desert camping!
3. Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Spiti valley in Himachal Pradesh is not just a place that you can visit in Monsoon or otherwise but it is an experience that you will remember for a lifetime. There is serene calm in the wind of Spiti valley.
Spiti valley is also known as “Little Tibet” due to its mesmerizing beauty that makes you fall in love with it in the first place. You can go on a biking trip to Spiti valley.
Activities to do in Spiti Valley
- Drink local barley beer and enjoy its serene beauty with the locals in Pin Valley
- Explore Gete and Tashigong village (avg height: 4650 m)
- Stay in monastery guest house in Tantric Tangyud Gompa and take part in their prayers
- Don’t forget to taste the local delicacies in Spiti valley which are Thukpa and Momos
4. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
Mussoorie is literally a weekend gateway not only in Monsoon but throughout the year. A beautiful hill station located in Uttrakhand, Mussoorie is known as “The Queen of Hills”.
The best thing about Mussoorie is that it is very affordable and you can explore the entire place in just 2 days.
Activities to do in Mussoorie
- Explore Kampty falls, Happy Valley, Gun Hill, Mussoorie Lake, and Sky Bridge.
- Take a cable car ride which is a 5-10 minutes ride from Jhulaghat to Gun Hill (approx 2530 m high). You can avail the services between 10 am to 7 pm in winters and 8 am to 10 pm in summers.
So, where are heading for this Monsoon? Tell us in the comments below!